Become a Diver
Short on time and long on the urge to become a certified diver? The PADI Scuba Diver certification might just be for you… Particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily in the company of a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to scuba certification, consider becoming a PADI Scuba Diver. The certification is recognized worldwide and is valid for life, to a maximum depth of 12 meters / 40 feet.
The Fun Part
The Scuba Diver certification opens the door on the underwater world for anyone who’s thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult. During the course, you’ll make three pool dives and two dives in the ocean under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
To enroll, you need to:
- Be at least 10 years old for Junior Scuba Diver course and at least 15 years old for the Scuba Diver course. PADI eLearning requires a minimum age of 13 years due to international internet laws.
- Show that you can tread water for ten minutes and swim 200 m in our pool.
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three distinct sections:
All the basics of scuba diving through knowledge development, a set of scuba skills in the pool that you’ll use again during open water dives, and an appreciation for the underwater world that will keep you coming back for more bottom time every chance you get!
During the course you’ll cover material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater.
- Staying warm underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques.
- Diving environments and aquatic life you’re likely to encounter.
- Preventing common problems underwater.
- An introduction to boat diving.
PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the Open Water Diver course. While eLearning is the most convenient option, you may also chose a book and logbook package. At the dive shop, you can purchase the PADI Open Water Diver Manual or the Open Water Crew-Pak. The Crew-Pak includes the Open Water Diver Manual, the Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) and a logbook.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
- PADI Scuba Diver Course : 2 days
- PADI Scuba Diver with E-Learning or referral : 1 day
- Upgrade from Discover Scuba Diver to Scuba Diver: 2 days
All the equipment you will need is included in your course. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy compensating device (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from, a weight system, a wetsuit, and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply.
For comfort and hygiene reasons, many people prefer to use their own equipment. If you would like the peace-of-mind and comfort of your own gear, we can help. You may want to invest in your own mask, snorkel and fins since these personal items are a lot more fun to use when they fit properly. Also for $7 usd additional, you can get a brand new mouthpiece for the regulators you’ll use during the course, and you take it back home. Something you might want to think about…
We have the right Pricing for you!
Choose the most convenient program for you diving adventures among our different options.
Diving Equipment Rental
Instruction by PADI Instructors
Knowledge development video
Skills practice in confined water
Boat dives in Playa Del Carmen
PADI Certification Card Fee
You might also enjoy…
- Instruction by professional and multilingual PADI-certified scuba diving instructor
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual and Tables.
- Knowledge development
- Skills practice in confined water
- Open water practice with 2 boat dives on 2 different Playa Del Carmen sites
- Diving equipment rental
- PADI Scuba Diver certification fee
- Bottled water
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club for a small charge. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Click here for our Shuttle Service Price List
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book.