Try something new
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but don’t feel quite ready to take the leap to certification, Discover Scuba Diving will let you try diving to see if you like it
Although not a certification, the Discover Scuba Diving course will teach you how to use shallow water diving equipment and get a quick, easy and safe introduction into the underwater world.
The fun part
There is nothing quite like breathing underwater for the first time and admiring the fish and this world of silence. It takes a little time to get used to it, after all, human beings were not designed for it – but after a few minutes, most participants realize that diving is really easy. The biggest challenge for the instructors is not getting people into the water, but getting them out after the dives are over because they loved it so much!
You will learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI professional. You’ll learn how to breathe, see and move underwater and discover if you like it or not.
- Be at least 10 years old.
- Fill out our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form allows you to check if you need to be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must see a physician before participating in the dive.
Program and Schedule :
This course is divided in 3 parts. To begin, meet at 9:30 am at our dive center
- Briefing : meeting at 10:30am : Your Professional Padi Instructor will explain some theory and we will make sure you understand the important rules of diving. The lesson will be short and concise, designed to inform you, but not confuse you as its your vacation and this is made to be fun!
- Pool / confined Water : 11am : Your PADI Professional Instructor will demonstrate the basic skills required to dive in a pool in a peaceful environment. Once you’ve had a chance to see how it all works in the water, it’s your turn to demonstrate. Under the ever watchful eye of your instructor, you will see your skill level develop in this safe learning environment. The pool session prepares you for exciting dives.
- Sea Dives / Open Water : from 12:00 pm : When you are comfortable with these skills, you will be ready for sea dives. Let’s go for one dive, admire the incredible marine life and colourful, shallow reefs off the coast of Playa del Carmen. Each dive will last approximately 45 minutes, depending on your comfort level. You’ll be surprised how quickly you can relax in the clear waters of the Caribbean Sea!
Return to the dive center around 4:30 pm
All the equipment you will need is included in the Discover Scuba Diving. You’ll use all the basic dive gear, including a mask, snorkel and a BCD that also supports your scuba tank, a regulator for breathing pressure gauge for air supply, a wetsuit and a weight belt.
What is included?
- Instruction by a professional, multilingual PADI certified scuba diving instructor
- Knowledge development.
- Confined water skills practice.
- Rental of diving equipment
- Registration to PADI as a Discover Scuba Diver
- Bottle of water and fruits
Option 1 : 1 Pool session + 1 Dives: 120 usd
Option 2: 1 Pool session + 2 Dives: 160 usd
Option 3: Only the Pool session (no dives): 50 usd
What is not included ?
- Photos and videos : Keep a beautiful souvenir of this diving adventure with one of our photographers. Please book this service in advance
- Transfer from your hotel: For those staying at nearby hotels, Dune Mexico Playa del Carmen offers a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please book your hotel transfer in advance and contact us to see our shuttle service price list
- Lunch : you will find a variety of restaurants and fast food around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or at the time of your holiday. That’s why we are 100% honest with our refund and cancellation policy. Please: read our Terms and Conditions before booking.