Faites le grand saut … devenez un plongeur certifié …
Short on time and long on the urge to become a certified diver? The PADI Scuba Diver certification might just be for you… Particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily in the company of a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to scuba certification, consider becoming a PADI Scuba Diver. The certification is recognized worldwide and is valid for life, to a maximum depth of 12 meters / 40 feet
Discover diving while having fun, 2 dives in the sea are enough to become a PADI certified Scuba Diver!
The Fun Part …
The Scuba Diver certification opens the door to the underwater world for anyone who’s thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult. During the course, you’ll make one pool dives and two dives in the ocean in the reef of Playa Del Carmen under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
To enroll, you need to:
- Be at least 10 years old for Junior Scuba Diver course and at least 15 years old for the Scuba Diver course. PADI eLearning requires a minimum age of 13 years due to international internet laws.
- Show that you can tread water for ten minutes and swim 200 m in our pool.
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
What you will learn :
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three distinct sections:
- All the basics of scuba diving through theory knowledge development
- A set of scuba skills in the pool that you’ll use again during open water dives.
- And an appreciation for the underwater world that will keep you coming back for more bottom time every chance you get!
During the course you’ll cover material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater.
- Staying warm underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques.
- Diving environments and aquatic life you’re likely to encounter.
- Preventing common problems underwater.
- An introduction to boat diving.
Program and schedule :
- Scuba Diver PADI with e-learning : 1 Day
- First day metting at 8h30.
- You will do : 1 pool Session.
- And 2 dives in the Carabean sea in 1 day.
- Option without the e-learning : 2 Days – with 1 day of theory.
- End of the day : 4:30pm
Materiel and scuba gear :
PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the Scuba Diver course. While eLearning is the most convenient option, you may also chose a book and logbook package. At the dive shop, you can purchase the PADI Scuba Diver Manual or the Scuba Diver Crew-Pak. .
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
Scuba Gear : All the equipment you will need is included in your course. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy compensating device (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from, a weight system, a wetsuit, and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply.
What should I bring ?
- Your Swimsuit
- Your towell
- Your Smile
- And the liability and medical release forms.
What is included ?
- Instruction by professional and multilingual PADI-certified scuba diving instructor
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual and Tables.
- Knowledge development
- Skills practice in confined water
- Open water practice with 2 boat dives on 2 different Playa Del Carmen sites
- Diving equipment rental
- PADI Scuba Diver certification fee
- Bottled water and fruits on board.
What is not included ?
- Photos and videos : Keep a beautiful souvenir of this diving adventure with one of our photographers. Please book this service in advance
- Transfer from your hotel : For those staying at nearby hotels, Dune Mexico Playa del Carmen offers a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please book your hotel transfer in advance and to see our shuttle service price list please contact us.
- Lunch : you will find a variety of restaurants and fast food around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or at the time of your vacation. That’s why we are 100% honest with our refund and cancellation policy. Please: read our Terms and Conditions before booking.