Become a certified PADI diver and go up to 18m with the Padi Open Water course.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is a complete, carefully structured entry level scuba diving course designed to take you from a non-diver with little or no prior experience to a certified diver. The certification is recognized worldwide and is valid for life, to a maximum depth of 18 meters / 60 feet.
The Fun Part …
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. During the course, you’ll make at least two pool sessions dives and four dives in the reef of Playa Del Carmen under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
Playa Del Carmen is a perfect place to realize your training, lipid waters, multitude of fish, weak current, … Realize your training in one of the most beautiful dive spots in the world… the Caribbean Sea.
Pre – resquisites :
To enroll, you need to …
- Be at least 10 years old for Junior Open Water Diver course and at least 15 years old for Open Water Diver course
- Show that you can tread water for ten minutes and swim 200 m in our pool.
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
What you learn ?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three distinct sections …
Theory : The theory portion of the open water course includes book work, videos, study questions, and quizzes. The 5 dive theory modules cover a range of topics such as pressure-depth relationships, the underwater environment, dive planning, and equipment.
Pool Work : During pool (or “confined water”) classes, students practice basic diving skills in the pool. Divers practice all the skills that they use on open water dives like ear equalization and mask removal and replacement in this controlled environment before entering the open water.
Open Water Dives : Under the watchful eye of an instructor, you will apply the knowledge and skills learned in the theory and pool sections of the course on real open water dives.
Schedule and Program :
- PADI Open Water Diver with e-Learning : 3 days.
- The first day we meet you at our dive center at 8:00 am.
- You will do 2 pool sessions.
- You will also do 4 dives in the sea during the 3 days of training.
- End of the day: around 4:30 pm
Choose the eLearning option and study from home. You will start directly with the pool and the next day you will be a certified diver!
PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the Open Water Diver course. You can study when and wherever you want and arrive to our diving center ready to start the training.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
Scuba Gear : All the equipment you will need is included in your course. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy compensating device (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from, a weight system, a wetsuit, and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply.
What should I bring?
- And your Smile
What is included ?
- Instruction by a professional, multilingual PADI certified scuba diving instructor
- The PADI Open Water Diver manual or access to online e-learning
- Knowledge development
- Confined water skills practice
- Open water practice with 4 dives at 4 different sites in Playa Del Carmen (over 3 days)
- Rental of diving equipment
- PADI Open Water certification fees
- Water bottles
What is not included ?
- Photos and videos : Keep a beautiful souvenir of this diving adventure with one of our photographers. Please book this service in advance
- Transfer from your hotel : For those staying at nearby hotels, Dune Mexico Playa del Carmen offers a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please book your hotel transfer in advance. Click here to see our shuttle service price list
- Lunch : you will find a variety of restaurants and fast food around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or at the time of your vacation. That’s why we are 100% honest with our refund and cancellation policy. Please: read our Terms and Conditions before booking.