We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% open with our refund and cancellation policy. There are no hidden rules or small print.
Refund & Cancellation Policies
Modifications of your reservation
You are able to change your activity date at the discretion of Mexico Blue Dream, free of charge and subject to weather and availability, with a 48 hours notice.
Cancellation by the Customer
If the Client fails to show or cancels less then 48 hours before a course or dive or snorkel trip, or joins it after the start, or leaves it prior to its completion, no refund will be made, unless by prior agreement between Mexico Blue Dream and the Client that only a portion of the course or dive or snorkel trip is to be undertaken. For Christmas, New Year and Easter seasons, the cancellation notice is extended to 7 days before the activity. If the Client cancels his/her activity, the deposit is not transferable to any other person.
Cancellations due to sickness or other medical conditions preventing client from doing the activity: we would request a written statement of a doctor, in which case we will do everything possible to reschedule without extra cost. If rescheduling isn’t possible at that time, the client shall receive a full refund.
If a diver cancels his/her dive course, a refund will not be issued for the eLearning or books provided.
Cancellation by the Company
All our activities are highly weather dependent and Mexico Blue Dream reserves the right in any circumstances to cancel the tour. In instances where Mexico Blue Dream cannot provide the tour booked, we will return to the Client all deposits paid or Mexico Blue Dream may offer the Client an alternative trip. If an alternative trip is refused by the client, Mexico Blue Dream remains the right to deduct the administrative cost resulting from such transactions.
Alterations to Itineraries
Although every effort is made to adhere to dive schedules and itineraries, Mexico Blue Dream reserves the right to alter dive schedules and itineraries at any time if it is in the Client’s interest to do so or when forced by weather considerations.
Mexico Blue Dream will not be responsible for any compensation to the Client if Mexico Blue Dream is forced to cancel or in any way change trips due to force majeure, namely war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion or any other external circumstances beyond Mexico Blue Dream’s control.
Authority on Tour / Exclusion from Tour
The decision of the driver/ Divemaster / Instructor employed by Mexico Blue Dream will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety of the group. Mexico Blue Dream shall not be responsible for or liable to any Client who commits an illegal or unlawful act in any way. The Client may be excluded from the trip/course without any refund of the trip/tour. If Mexico Blue Dream considers the Client unsuitable for a trip/tour, it may in its absolute discretion cancel such Client’s booking or decline to carry the Client further if that Client causes danger, inconvenience or annoyance to other clients. If Clients are found to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs prior to an activity tour, the tour will be cancelled with no refund.
We understand that at times, you may find that scuba diving is not for you or your instructor may decide that you need further one on one training to complete a diving program. In this instance you will be offered a snorkel program or to return at a later date. This is at the dive instructors discretion. Refunds will not be issued if you find that scuba diving is not for you or if the dive instructor recommends that you return when your swimming skills or confidence in water is more advanced.
Cancellations more than 30 days prior to Course start date
- Refund deposit minus payment charge. *
- IDC training: For reserving your IDC seat and ordering your crew packs we will charge 50% of your deposit. (If you have another candidate to replace you, full refund applies) *
Cancellation 30 to 10 days prior to Course start date
- 50 % of your tuition is charged. ( If you have another candidate to replace you, full refund applies) *
- Re-schedule training without extra charges.
Cancellation within 72 hours prior to Course start date
- No cash refund is given.
- Cancellations due to sickness or other medical conditions preventing client from taking the course: we would request a written statement of a doctor, in which case we will do everything possible to reschedule course without extra cost. If rescheduling isn’t possible at that time, the client shall receive a voucher which will be valid for 3 consecutive years.
- Mexico Blue Dream advises to arrange a travel cancellation insurance with your local insurance for these cases, so you will get refunded for any medical conditions.
Cancellations or termination without notice.
- No Refund
Mexico Blue Dream general policies.
- Full tuition fee must be transferred 30 days before course starting date.
- Cancellations by Mexico Blue Dream due to any reason will result in 100% refund. *
- Cancellation due to sickness while taking our courses, no refund. Our team will re-schedule the remaining course modules at a later day or other course.
* 7,5% charges applies.
Bank transfer deposits are refunded 45 days after initial deposit date.
Our registered address is Av. Cozumel Mza 81 Lte 1 Local 17, Playa Del Carmen, Q.Roo 77710.
- Partial or full payment is required on bookings for scuba diving excursions, snorkeling excursions and scuba diving training. 100% payment is required on bookings for Cozumel dive or snorkel excursions, Cancun Underwater Museum, Whale Shark Adventure or Sailfish Adventure activities.
- For Christmas, New Year and Easter seasons, a full payment is required on all bookings.
- The full amount of the activity due by the Client to Mexico Blue Dream, must be paid prior to the time of all courses and dive & snorkel trips.