Regulated by Mexican law, 100% safe and secure
We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% open with our refund and cancellation policy. There are no hidden rules or small print.
Refund & Cancellation Policies
Recreational Excursions and Courses
Modifications of your reservation
You are able to change your activity date at the discretion of Dune Playa Del Carmen, free of charge and subject to weather and availability, with a 48 hours notice.
Cancellation by the Customer
If the Client fails to show or cancels less then 48 hours before a course or dive or snorkel trip, or joins it after the start, or leaves it prior to its completion, no refund will be made, unless by prior agreement between Dune Playa Del Carmen and the Client that only a portion of the course or dive or snorkel trip is to be undertaken. For Christmas, New Year and Easter seasons, the cancellation notice is extended to 7 days before the activity. If the Client cancels his/her activity, the deposit is not transferable to any other person.
Cancellations due to sickness or other medical conditions preventing client from doing the activity: we would request a written statement of a doctor, in which case we will do everything possible to reschedule without extra cost. If rescheduling isn’t possible at that time, the client shall receive a full refund.
If a diver cancels his/her dive course, a refund will not be issued for the eLearning or books provided.
Cancellation by the Company
All our activities are highly weather dependent and Dune Playa Del Carmen reserves the right in any circumstances to cancel the tour. In instances where Dune Playa Del Carmen cannot provide the tour booked, we will return to the Client all deposits paid or Dune Playa Del Carmen may offer the Client an alternative trip. If an alternative trip is refused by the client, Dune Playa Del Carmen remains the right to deduct the administrative cost resulting from such transactions.
Alterations to Itineraries
Although every effort is made to adhere to dive schedules and itineraries, Dune Playa Del Carmen reserves the right to alter dive schedules and itineraries at any time if it is in the Client’s interest to do so or when forced by weather considerations.
Dune Playa Del Carmen will not be responsible for any compensation to the Client if Dune Playa Del Carmen is forced to cancel or in any way change trips due to force majeure, namely war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, traffic congestion or any other external circumstances beyond Dune Playa Del Carmen’s control.
Authority on Tour / Exclusion from Tour
The decision of the driver/ Divemaster / Instructor employed by Dune Playa Del Carmen will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety of the group. Dune Playa Del Carmen shall not be responsible for or liable to any Client who commits an illegal or unlawful act in any way. The Client may be excluded from the trip/course without any refund of the trip/tour. If Dune Playa Del Carmen considers the Client unsuitable for a trip/tour, it may in its absolute discretion cancel such Client’s booking or decline to carry the Client further if that Client causes danger, inconvenience or annoyance to other clients. If Clients are found to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs prior to an activity tour, the tour will be cancelled with no refund.
We understand that at times, you may find that scuba diving is not for you or your instructor may decide that you need further one on one training to complete a diving program. In this instance you will be offered a snorkel program or to return at a later date. This is at the dive instructors discretion. Refunds will not be issued if you find that scuba diving is not for you or if the dive instructor recommends that you return when your swimming skills or confidence in water is more advanced.
GoPro, GoTec and GoCave Training
Cancellations more than 30 days prior to Course start date
- Refund deposit minus payment charge. *
- IDC training: For reserving your IDC seat and ordering your crew packs we will charge 50% of your deposit. (If you have another candidate to replace you, full refund applies) *
Cancellation 30 to 10 days prior to Course start date
- 50 % of your tuition is charged. ( If you have another candidate to replace you, full refund applies) *
- Re-schedule training without extra charges.
Cancellation within 72 hours prior to Course start date
- No cash refund is given.
- Cancellations due to sickness or other medical conditions preventing client from taking the course: we would request a written statement of a doctor, in which case we will do everything possible to reschedule course without extra cost. If rescheduling isn’t possible at that time, the client shall receive a voucher which will be valid for 3 consecutive years.
- Dune Playa Del Carmen advises to arrange a travel cancellation insurance with your local insurance for these cases, so you will get refunded for any medical conditions.
Cancellations or termination without notice.
- No Refund
Dune Playa Del Carmen general policies.
- Full tuition fee must be transferred 30 days before course starting date.
- Cancellations by Dune Playa Del Carmen due to any reason will result in 100% refund. *
- Cancellation due to sickness while taking our courses, no refund. Our team will re-schedule the remaining course modules at a later day or other course.
* 7,5% charges applies.
Bank transfer deposits are refunded 45 days after initial deposit date.
Legal information :
Dune Playa Del Carmen SA de CV is a Mexican registered company, and follow all rules and regulations imposed on any company operating in Mexico. This meaning that we are a 100% legal entity, declare taxes and follow common business rules.
Our registered address is Calle 70, entre Av. 10 y 15, 77710 Playa Del Carmen, Q.Roo 77710.
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form
Certification Requirements for Divers :
All customers booking dive excursions with Dune Playa Del Carmen must show proof of certification (through their relevant training agency) to the minimum level required before they are able to dive. If you are unable to provide proof of certification, you will not be able to dive and may forfeit all deposits paid.
Health Requirements :
The Client acknowledges being aware of the proposed trip/course and hereby confirms that he or she is medically fit, in good health and is able to embark upon the trip/course. Any Client with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking. Such a Client would be required to provide a medical statement from a General Practitioner stating that they are “medical fit to undertake scuba Diving and/or Snorkeling”. Dune Playa Del Carmen and its representatives will treat any information in the strictest confidence.
- Partial or full payment is required on bookings for scuba diving excursions, snorkeling excursions and scuba diving training. 100% payment is required on bookings for Cozumel dive or snorkel excursions, Cancun Underwater Museum, Whale Shark Adventure or Sailfish Adventure activities.
- For Christmas, New Year and Easter seasons, a full payment is required on all bookings.
- The full amount of the activity due by the Client to Dune Playa Del Carmen, must be paid prior to the time of all courses and dive & snorkel trips.
Information given in all brochures, leaflets, website, emails and advertising is given in good faith by Dune Playa Del Carmen and these are based on the latest information available at the date of publication. Dune Playa Del Carmen reserves the right to change any of the facilities, vehicles or boats described in the brochures, leaflets, website, emails or any other advertising without becoming liable for compensation or refund. While every endeavor is made to keep to the prices advertised in the brochure, leaflets, website, emails and advertising Dune Playa Del Carmen reserves the right to increase the prices at any time due to any unforeseen increases or exchange rate fluctuations to which it may be subjected. Surcharges will not be applied after confirmation of bookings.
Photographic Material :
Clients should be aware that the team of Dune Playa Del Carmen may take photographs or films of the Clients while on any of the tours and Dune Playa Del Carmen reserves the right to use such material for any advertising or brochure production without obtaining consent and without payment to the Client.