Let’s try something different!
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving will let you try scuba to see if you like it.
While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
The Fun part
There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to –after all, human beings weren’t designed to do that – but after a few minutes of awesome wonder, most participants realize how easy scuba diving really is. The biggest challenge instructors have with the Discover Scuba Diving program is not getting participants into the water, but getting them out when the program is over. The fun part? It’s all fun!
To enroll, you need to:
- Be at least 10 years old
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
You learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. One thing you’ll learn is that you really can breathe underwater and whether you like doing that or not. This course is divided in 3 parts:
- Theory: With the help of a flip chart or a video, we will explain to you a certain amount of theory and we will make sure that you understand the important rules of diving. The lesson will be short and concise, designed to inform you but not to confuse you.
- Pool: Your professional instructor will demonstrate the basic skills required to dive. Once you have had a chance to see how it all works in the water, it will be your turn to give it a go. Under the ever watchful eye of your instructor you will see your diving skill level develop in this safe learning environment. The pool session will prepare you for the exciting dives.
- Ocean Dives: When you are comfortable with the skills, you will dive among marine life in amazing shallow reefs off the coast of Playa Del Carmen. Your air gauge will be carefully monitored, to ensure that you don’t get low on air. The dive will last about 45 minutes, depending on your comfort level. You will be surprised by how quickly you will relax!
Just your willingness and undivided attention
Hours: 9AM to 4PM with one hour lunch break
In the morning, you will have some theory and pool training. After a lunch break, you will do the dives in the clear water of the Caribbean Sea.
All the equipment you will need is typically included in a Discover Scuba Diving experience. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask , snorkel and fins, a buoyancy compensating jacket (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply, a scuba wetsuit and a weight system.
For comfort and hygiene reasons, many people prefer to use their own equipment. If you would like the peace-of-mind and comfort of your own gear, we can help. For $7 usd additional, you can get a brand new mouthpiece for the regulators you’ll use during the course, and you take it back home. Something you might want to think about…
We have the right Pricing for you!
Make the unforgettable experience of breathing underwater with 2 options:
Discover Scuba Diving
Diving Equipment Rental
Instruction by PADI Instructors
Knowledge development video
Skills practice in confined water
1 Boat dive in Playa Del Carmen
Get the second dive FREE
Your Next Adventure…
- Instruction by professional and multilingual PADI-certified scuba diving instructor
- Knowledge development
- Skills practice in confined water
- Optional open water practice with 2 boat dives on 2 different Playa Del Carmen sites
- Diving equipment rental
- PADI Discover Scuba Diver registration
- Bottled water
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club for a small charge. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Click here for our Shuttle Service Price List
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book.