Enjoy the Exploration of a Time
There is nothing quite like the thrill of diving a wreck for the first time. Descending, you gaze downward, trying to catch a glimpse of it. At first, nothing. Then a hazy outline appears, and for a moment you´re confused as your eyes try to sort it out. Then the wreck dissolves into clear view as you arrive upon it.
In Playa Del Carmen, “Mama Viña” is a former shrimp boat intentionally sunk in 1995 for the pleasure of divers. At maximum 27 meters/90 feet depth, you will enjoy this dive site which is also full of marine life, schools of trevally, barracuda, murriana and many more amazing underwater creatures that call Mama Viña home.
Come and discover the secrets of this wreck by exploring the main rooms.
This dive can be combined with a dive on the Sabalos reef, a beautiful dive site south of Playa del Carmen, full of caves and corals, moray eels, and thousands of fish and if you are lucky you may see our local nurse sharks that lurk in the caves…
Programm and schedule :
- Departure from the diving centre: Meet at 7.45 am
- This dive is only done in the morning from 8.30am to 12pm every two days
- You will go on two dives : Maman-Vina wreck and one on Sabalos reef
- Please contact us to check availability before confirming your booking
What to bring ?
- Certification card : This dive is only available to Advanced Open Water or equivalent (e.g. Level 2)
- Biodegradable sunblock
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
- Deep diving
- Wrecks in perfect condition
- Possibility to enter the wreck
- Rich marine life in the vicinity
What is included ?
- Two dives in Playa Del Carmen : one on the Mama-Vina wreck, one on the Sabalos reef south of Playa del Carmen.
- Scuba tanks and weights
- Certified and multilingual scuba diving instructor PADI
- Water and fruits on board
What is not included ?
- Equipment: If you prefer to travel light, we rent quality diving equipment. Daily rental is $20 US for full equipment (BCD, regulator, wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel). Click here to learn more about equipment rental.
- Photos and videos: Keep a beautiful souvenir of this diving adventure with one of our photographers. Please book this service in advance
- Transfer from your hotel: For those staying at nearby hotels, Dune Mexico Playa del Carmen offers a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please book your hotel transfer in advance and contact us to see our shuttle service price list
- Lunch : you will find a variety of restaurants and fast food around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or at the time of your vacation. That’s why we are 100% honest with our refund and cancellation policy. Please: read our Terms and Conditions before booking.