A unique experience that you will never forget. Join us in this incredible adventure!
Come and discover the incredible world of whale sharks and have the experience of a lifetime. The whale shark conveys peace and tranquility. Swimming with this gentle giant of the sea in Mexico is an unforgettable experience to be shared again and again.
The whale shark is totally harmless to humans, it is in fact a very docile and curious creature. In the summer, hundreds of whale sharks swim in the waters surrounding the islands of Isla Mujeres, Isla Contoy and Isla Holbox, feeding on plankton where the Caribbean Sea meets the Gulf of Mexico. From late May to mid-September, you will have the remarkable opportunity to swim and snorkel with these amazing animals in an area abundant with marine life.
Considered as the largest fish in the world, meeting these tender eyes you can only marvel.
Our boats depart daily from Cancun to the whale shark area between Isla Mujeres and Isla Holbox. Our bilingual and experienced guides will make your whale shark adventure the highlight of your vacation.
Departure can be from Tulum, Playa, Puerto Morelos or Cancun where we will pick you up directly at your Hotel or Airbnb and drop you off on your return.
Programm and Schedule :
- Duration: 7 hours approximately – Departure : Daily (from the end of May to the first week of September)
- 7:30 am – Departure from your hotel in Cancun (6:30 am Playa Del Carmen, 5:45 am Tulum).
- 7:45 am – Arrival at our meeting point at the port of Cancun (Punta Sam).
- 8:00 am – Light breakfast at the port in Cancun.
- 8:15 am – Departure from the departure dock in Cancun, our certified bilingual guide will give you instructions on safety and how to swim with the whale sharks.
- 9:00 am – We arrive at the whale shark observation area. When we find the whale sharks, we get ready and swim with the whale sharks, two divers and the guide at a time. We take turns. We stay about 3 hours in the whale shark swimming area.
- 12:30 pm – Snorkeling on the coral reef of Isla Mujeres (Isla de las Mujeres).
- 1:00 pm – Caribbean lunch with fresh shrimp ceviche, guacamole, fruit, sandwiches, beer and soft drinks at Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres (vegetarian dishes available upon request)
- 2:30 pm – Return to Cancun (where our drivers will meet you to take you back to your hotel)
- Remember to take 13USD for boat fees (Not included in the sale price)
Our strengths :
- We work with the best whale shark tour operator in the Riviera Maya.
- We guarantee a high quality service and excellence to ensure the total satisfaction of our customers.
- We have more than 7 years of experience with whale shark tours.
- We are professionals. Our guides are enthusiastic, experienced and competent. The whole team will make your visit unforgettable.
- We work with small groups of clients, max. 10 people per boat.
- We provide high quality diving equipment
- We guarantee 100% that you will see or swim with whale sharks. If you don’t see a shark on our tour, we will give you a 100% refund.
- We do not limit you. We guarantee you a minimum of two dives to swim with the whale sharks. Weather permitting, you can have up to 4 dives with them.
- We try to spot dolphins, turtles and manta rays to give you the best experience.
What should I bring ?
- Swimsuit and Towel
- A swimming shirt to protect you from the sun, this way we protect the whale sharks by moderating the use of tanning lotion
- Comfortable and cool clothes and shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Wetsuit if you have one
- Camera equipment
- Some money (for tips or extras available)
What is included ?
- Transportation to and from Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum (air conditioned)
- Light breakfast in Cancun
- Bottled water, soft drinks and beer
- Lunch with sandwiches, fresh shrimp ceviche, guacamole and fruit * If you are vegetarian or allergic to anything please let us know when you make your reservation.
- Full snorkeling equipment
- 3 different seasickness prevention methods
- Experienced and bilingual guides: English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Polish.
- Snorkeling on the coral reef of Isla Mujeres
- Swim with whale sharks as much as possible
- Best boats with whale shark permits
What is not included ?
- Photos and videos : Keep a beautiful souvenir of this diving adventure with one of our photographers. Please book this service in advance.
- 13 USD boat fee to be paid directly at the counter upon arrival at the Marina.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or at the time of your vacation. That’s why we are 100% honest with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking.