If you feel you have seen it all, done it all, you should definitely check out Tec diving. Indeed, Tec diving is not just about going deep, it is a philosophy in its own right and a way to make each of your dives safer and more thoughtful. Becoming a good Tec diver requires time, patience and humility. But it is well worth it and will simply make you a better diver.
Duration and Program: 3 at 5 days
- The training is done in 3 to 5 days.
- It consists of a practical session to learn the configuration of the technical diving equipment
- And at least 4 shallow dives to practice the basic techniques of Tec diving.
Prerequisite for participation:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification
- Have a Nitrox certification (Enriched Air)
- Have a PADI Deep Diver Specialty (40 m) or equivalent
- Have a medical certificate less than 12 months old (downloadable form).
*** Equipment is not included in the price of the course – It is preferable that you have your own equipment in order to get used to diving with it, if this is not the case do not hesitate to contact us we have technical equipment for rent. ***
Course Objectives :
- In this particular case, there isn’t an official certification at the end of this course; this course gives you the basis and first approach to the technical diving equipment configuration and the procedures associated to it. Even if this is not a mandatory course, it is highly recommended if you don’t have any experience with double tanks and technical diving whatsoever.
- You will learn to configure the technical diving equipment with a “Hogarthian” configuration
- You will complete your first dives with double tanks and a stage tank
- You will practice and execute the chain of command applied to Tec diving
- You will learn the basic techniques used in Tec diving
Certification: There isn’t a proper certification for this training, it is a workshop that introduces you to tec diving equipment configuration and helps you discover Tec diving.
Students who have enrolled in this workshop without previous tec diving experience are able to move more comfortably through further technical diving training as they gain confidence and improve their abilities and comfort levels while using twin sets. This course is highly recommended before engaging in a Tec40 or TecDeep training