You dream of treasure hunting and of being able to find a sunken secret… Or simply maximizing your chances of finding your GoPro that has fallen off the boat…
The Search and Recovery specialty is for you…
Indeed, you will learn all the different search techniques on the surface and underwater whether or not you have specific equipment or just a compass at hand…
Each environment has its own challenges and you will learn to use different navigation patterns depending on the water conditions and bottom topography.
Finally, you will also learn how to use lifting buoys in order to safely lift heavy loads.
Learn all this in the warm waters of Mexico during 4 ocean dives in Playa Del Carmen
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or have a recognized qualification from another training organization)
- Be at least 10 years old
- Complete our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the medical questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician before participating in the dive.
What you learn :
- Recover lost items
- Learn underwater search patterns
- Improve your navigation skills
- Find things underwater
- Use a lift bag
- Plan a search operation
Schedule and program :
- Count on One day and half with theory the first morning
- As well as 4 dives in the sea on the reef of Playa del Carmen
- 2 Dive the first day ; 2 dive the second day.
- Meet at 8:30 am at the dive center until 4:30 pm.
Materials and Scuba gear :
Study material :
PADI Search Recovery E-learning is included, to learn at your own pace, at home.
Diving Equipment :
All the equipment you will need is included in your course. You’ll use all the basic dive gear, including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy control device (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a regulator for breathing, a weight system, a wetsuit and instruments to monitor depth and air consumption.
What is included ?
- PADI certified and multilingual instructor
- Rental of diving equipment
- Knowledge development + E-learning
- 3 dives in Playa del Carmen
- Bottled water and fruits on bord
- PADI certification fees.
Whats is not included ?
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Contact us for the price.
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms and Conditions before you book.