You have discovered diving, you have fallen in love with this incredible world but you still do not know very well the fish, their names, their characteristics, their FunFact … .
This speciality is for you… Our instructor, specialized in fish identification and marine biologist, will be happy to transmit to you her passion for the underwater world and its flourishing life.
Playa del Carmen is the perfect place to learn about fishes, more than 300 species of the Caribbean make their home here… all different … learn to know them and recognize them.
This course consists of a theoretical part in the morning and 2 dives in the sea on the most beautiful sites of Playa del Carmen.
You will enjoy your dives even more when you recognize the creatures you see and can identify the main families of fish and their characteristics.
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or have a recognized qualification from another training organization)
- Be at least 10 years old
- Complete our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the medical questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician before participating in the dive.
What you learn :
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species.
- Fish survey techniques and strategies.
- About Project AWARE activities that can help protect aquatic life
Schedule and program :
- Count on one day with theory in the morning
- As well as 2 dives in the sea on the reef of Playa del Carmen in the afternoon.
- Meet at 8:30 am at the dive center until 4:30 pm.
Materials and Scuba gear :
Study material :
PADI Fish Identifcation E-learning included, to learn at your own pace, at home.
Diving Equipment :
All the equipment you will need is included in your course. You’ll use all the basic dive gear, including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy control device (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a regulator for breathing, a weight system, a wetsuit and instruments to monitor depth and air consumption.
What is included ?
- PADI certified and multilingual instructor
- Rental of diving equipment
- Knowledge development + E-learning
- 2 dives in Playa del Carmen
- Bottled water and fruits on bord
- PADI certification fees.
Whats is not included ?
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Contact us for the shuttle price.
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms and Conditions before you book.