Be a better diver …
Exploration, excitement, experience. The PADI Advanced Open Water course helps you to increase your confidence and build your scuba skills to become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
The Fun Part …
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose 5 specialiy from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at wreck diving, drift diving, night dive, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
2 specialties out of 5 are mandatory: navigation and deep diving. In order to be able to explore further the wonders that the marine world offers us, thanks to the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver you will be allowed to dive autonomously (with a buddy of equivalent or higher level) in the safety curve up to 30 meters deep.
All this … in 5 of the most beautiful dive sites in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya
Following this comprehensive course you will be able to dive to a depth of 30 m anywhere in the world.
ALL 5 AOW Program dives are “adventure dives” and all can be used as the first dive of their associated specialty.
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be 10 years old for Junior Adventure Diver, 12 years old for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver, and 15 years old for Adventure Diver or Advanced Open Water Diver
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
What you learn ?
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
Deep Dive :
- Practical aspects of deep diving.
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
Underwater Navigation :
- More ways to use your underwater compass.
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
The rest is up to you to choose among all the PADI specialties available in our center. (Obviously we do not offer ice diving…) Here is a small but not exhaustive list of the adventure dives we offer :
(These different adventure dives can be decided with the advice of your instructor)
- Wreck Diver
- Drift Diver
- Enriched Air Diver
- Fish Identification
- Underwater Naturalist
- Boat Diver
- Search and recovery Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
Programm and Schedule :
We usually dive in Playa del carmen reef with the following schedule :
Option 1 “Advanced Basic” : 400 USD :
Day 1 – 2 reef dive during the afternoon
Day 2 – 2 reef dive during the morning and 1 the afternoon
Option 2 “Advanced Bronze”: 450 USD
Day 1 – 2 afternoon reef dives Playa del Carmen
Day 2 – 2 morning reef dives Playa del Carmen
Day 3 – 2 morning reef dives south of Playa del Carmen. Special dive site.
Option 3 “Advanced Silver ” Playa / Cozumel : 500 USD
Day 1 – 2 dives on the reefs of Playa in the afternoon.
Day 2 – 2 dives on the Playa reefs in the morning south of Playa del Carmen. Special dive site.
Day 3 – 2 dives on the reefs of Cozumel in the morning.
Ferry ticket included *
The morning appointment is at 8am and for the afternoon at 11:30am.
If you choose the option with Cozumel the meeting in front of the ferry is at 7h30.
Material and Equipment :
PADI’s Adventures in Diving e-learning provide information on more than 16 types of specialty diving. You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you pick, you may also try out underwater photography equipment , computer , a dive light , lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
What should I bring ?
- Your swimsuit
- Diving certification
- Liability and medical release forms.
- Your Smile
What is included ?
- Instruction by professional and multilingual PADI-certified scuba diving instructor
- Padi Adventures in Diving e-learning
- Knowledge development
- Skills practice
- Five boat dives on five different Playa Del Carmen sites
- Diving equipment rental
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification
- Bottled water
What is not included ?
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Contact us for the price.
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms and Conditions before you book.