The PADI Cavern Diver Course
Can you see the light? If you dive within the light zone of a cave–the area near the cave entrance where natural light is always visible–you’re in the cavern zone.
The Fun Part
The fun part is exploring secrets hidden in caverns around the world and having the knowledge and skills to do it correctly. It’s an unforgettable experience which offers certified recreational divers the opportunity to safely experience the wonders of this underwater world, his subtle variety and astounding beauty!
To enroll, you need to:
- Be Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be at least18 years old
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
This is a challenging and very exciting course that includes four training dives in 3 days. During your first open water dive you’ll practice line handling, reel use and emergency procedures without entering a cavern. But, for your next three dives, you’re headed into the cavern, staying within the light zone and 40 metres/130 feet total distance from the surface. You’ll learn about:
- Cavern navigation and line protocols
- Planning, organization, techniques, problems and hazards of cavern diving
- Special equipment use, such as lights, guidelines, reels and redundant breathing systems
- Air sharing, disorientation, silting, line problems and other emergency procedures specific to cavern diving
- Silt disturbance prevention, buoyancy control, air management and emergency procedures
- Depth and distant limits for cavern diving
PADI’s Cavern Diver Manual
- Basic scuba gear
- Dive computer
- Dive light
All the equipment you will need is included in your course. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy compensating device (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from, a weight system, a wetsuit, and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply.
For comfort and hygiene reasons, many people prefer to use their own equipment. If you would like the peace-of-mind and comfort of your own gear, we can help. You may want to invest in your own mask, snorkel and fins since these personal items are a lot more fun to use when they fit properly. Also for $7 usd additional, you can get a brand new mouthpiece for the regulators you’ll use during the course, and you take it back home. Something you might want to think about…
We have the right Pricing for you!
You might also enjoy…
- The cave diving community conventionally defines the cavern zone as an overhead environment where:
– natural daylight is always present (a night dive in the cavern zone is a cave dive!),
– maximum penetration from open water is 200ft/60m,
– maximum depth of 70ft/21m,
– minimum starting visibility is 50ft/15m,
– there are no restrictions (parts of the cavern where two divers cannot swim side by side),
– all dives are within no decompression limits.
- An underwater cave is an overhead environment beyond one or more of the above limitations. Further training is required before you can safely entering the cave area. Click here if you wish to know more about becoming a cave diver.
- Diving equipment rental
- Knowledge development
- Professional and multilingual certified cavern instructor
- Bottled water
- Cenotes entrance fees
- PADI Cavern Diver certification fee.
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club for a small charge. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Click here for our Shuttle Service Price List
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book.