Be a better Diver
Exploration, excitement, experience. The PADI Advanced Open Water course helps you to increase your confidence and build your scuba skills to become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
The Fun Part
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, diving with underwater scooters, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
Adventure Diver vs. Advanced Open Water Diver
- If you are short on time, you can take the PADI Adventure Diver course. Here’s your chance because you can sample three dives of your choice, get a taste of what you like, and feel more at ease in the water, strengthening your underwater skills and letting you enjoy scuba diving more than ever, in only one or two days.
- During the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course, you’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to Underwater navigation, Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet), and a sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice.
- Only the Advanced Open Water certification or Deep Adventure Dive will qualify you to dive to 30m.
- ALL of the 5 dives of the AOW Program are “Adventure Dives” and all can be used as the first dive of their associated “Specialty“.
To enroll, you need to:
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be 10 years old for Junior Adventure Diver, 12 years old for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver, and 15 years old for Adventure Diver or Advanced Open Water Diver
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving.
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass.
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
PADI’s Adventures in Diving Manual provide information on more than 16 types of specialty diving. You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
- PADI Adventure Diver : 1 to 2 days (3 dives)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver : 2 to 3 days (5 dives)
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you pick, you may also try out underwater photography equipment , computer , a dive light , lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
For comfort and hygiene reasons, many people prefer to use their own equipment. If you would like the peace-of-mind and comfort of your own gear, we can help. You may want to invest in your own mask, snorkel and fins since these personal items are a lot more fun to use when they fit properly. Also for $7 usd additional, you can get a brand new mouthpiece for the regulators you’ll use during the course, and you take it back home. Something you might want to think about…
We have the right Pricing for you!
Advanced Open Water
Diving Equipment Rental
Instruction by PADI Instructors
Skills practice in confined water
Boat dives in Playa Del Carmen
PADI Certification Card Fee
You might also enjoy…
- Instruction by professional and multilingual PADI-certified scuba diving instructor
- Padi Adventures in Diving manual.
- Knowledge development
- Skills practice
- Five boat dives on five different Playa Del Carmen sites
- Diving equipment rental
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification
- Bottled water
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club for a small charge. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Click here for our Shuttle Service Price List
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center.
- You want to do the second tank after your last adventure dive ? Just add $25 USD and have fun !
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book.