Becoming a PADI Instructor
It’s about life transformations—both yours and those around you. The challenging part of this course is your personal commitment to the training. Camille and Cyrielle along with the staff at Go Pro Mexico Blue Dream will do everything they can to bring out the best in you and the rest will be a life changing experience full of satisfaction, self discovery, new knowledge and fun!
To qualify for training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months (check with a PADI Course Director or Contact Us for qualifying credentials.)
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 96 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course. You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
During the course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentations integrating two skills
You will also attend and participate in the following 14 curriculum presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
- How to Teach the RDP (Instructors from recreational diver training organizations other than PADI must complete.)
You will demonstrate competence at
- performing all 24 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
- performing a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
During the course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part.
What´s included in your IDC package:
- 12-day Extended Instructor Development Program
- 2-day Emergency First Response Instructor Course
- FREE Oxygen Provider Specialty Instructor Course
- FREE Cavern dive in our world famous Cenotes
- Multilingual materials and translation available
- Rescue techniques workshop
- Additional study and support materials prior to starting the course to aid preparation
- Free equipment rental during IDC training
- Instructor T-Shirt
The PADI Instructor Development Course crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for the Instructor Development Course. The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (Open Water and Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster)
- Instructor Development Course Candidate Workbook and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Specialty Instructor Manual
For instructors from other certifying agencies who would like to join the PADI family. As a certified instructor you will need to attend only the OWSI portion of the IDC, it is however highly recommended to follow the full IDC with us (at no extra cost).
- Be a current instructor in good standing (eligible to renew) with another recreational diving training organization for at least six months
- All other Assistant Instructor pre-requisites
Learning materials you need
- PADI IDC Crew Pack
You are more than welcome to join us for some fun dives before or after your course start date to explore our beautiful local reefs, Cozumel Island and the incredible Cenote Caverns! We offer unbeatable prices for all our Instructor Candidates.
We have the right Pricing for you!
Inclusions and Exclusions:
All prices for our professional formations exclude transportation and food.
All prices for our professional formations do not include the additional recreational dives you will need to reach the 96-dive requirement to start your Instructor Development Course (IDC).
The purchase of PADI learning material and manuals does not include the purchase of the electronic Recreational Dive Planner (eRDP).
PADI fees are not included in our packages and the following fees have to be paid directly to PADI (not to Mexico Blue Dream) with credit card at time of the application:
- PADI OWSI Instructor application and IE examination fees of $781
You might also enjoy…
What our Clients Say About the Instructor Development Course
I did my Instructor Development Course with them in January/February. That was probably the most memorable, fun and emotional experience in my whole life. Anders is a truly successful and passionate instructor. I cannot thank them enough for helping me accomplish my goal to become a dive instructor. They don’t just make you do it, they make you proud of doing it. I recommend this place to everyone.