Incredible behemoths of the seas, but with such tender eyes… come and meet these creatures while snorkeling in Isla Mujeres while also enjoying other days to dive and explore the rich seas of the Caribbean. Between the drop offs of Cozumel, the waters teeming with life at Playa del Carmen, and the fresh waters of the Cenotes with their fascinating play of light as you enter the caves.
Dune Playa Del Carmen offers a complete package for the Whale Shark season: from May to September. With special rates on diving and snorkeling with whale sharks … take advantage of this package to discover all the riches of the Mayan Riviera from Isla Mujeres to the Cenotes in the jungle via Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel.
The “Whale Sharks” 5 day package includes 8 dives and 1 day of snorkeling in total :
- 4 dives / 2 days on the reefs of Playa del Carmen
- 2 dives / 1 day on the reefs of Cozumel (ferry not included)
- 2 dives / 1 day in Cenotes.
- 1 day snorkeling to meet Whale Sharks in Isla Mujeres.
The different dive sites:
- When you dive the reefs of Playa del Carmen you will enjoy often warm and crystal clear water, this is the ideal place to get back in the water if you plan to dive regularly in the area; the dives are generally shallow with very little current. If you are a more experienced diver, we can offer you dives south of Playa del Carmen that are deeper or the Mama Vina wreck. Half day excursion: Morning or Afternoon
- Cozumel is a marine park created more than 20 years ago, you will discover magnificent underwater landscapes, splendid drop offs, more than 30 species of corals and not less than 300 species of fish, with a bit of luck you will be able to see nurse sharks, turtles, eagle rays and the famous splendid toad fish (endemic fish of Cozumel). Day trip from Playa del Carmen by ferry, or a morning by speed boat
- The cenotes were created more than 65 million years ago when the sea gradually withdrew. Today, you can discover one of the largest cave systems in the world. This is a unique experience with incredible underwater architecture carved over centuries, so don’t miss the opportunity. Half day tour, departure 8am from our center
- The whale shark is totally harmless to humans, it is in fact a very docile and curious creature. In the summer, hundreds of whale sharks swim in the waters surrounding the islands of Isla Mujeres, Isla Contoy and Isla Holbox, feeding on plankton where the Caribbean Sea meets the Gulf of Mexico. From late May to mid-September, you will have the remarkable opportunity to swim and snorkel with these amazing animals in an area abundant with marine life.
Some practical information :
- Meet us on the 1st day at 8am in our dive center Dune Playa Del Carmen.
- You must be at least certified as an Open Water Diver or equivalent (e.g. French Level 1)
- A PADI guide or instructor will be with you for each dive to help you discover the secrets of the Caribbean through these experienced eyes.
- In Cenote, groups are limited to a maximum of 4 people per guide.
- The equipment is not included in the packages – Count 15$/Day
- For the cenotes: meal, entrance fees and transportation are included
- For the sea dives, water and fruit on the boat are included as well as the entrance fee to the Cozumel Marine Park
- The ferry is not included in the packages – Count 35 USD aprox. round trip
Upgrade your package:
- If you want to discover the “Special Cenotes” accessible to the Level 2 or Advanced Open Water count an additional 30$.
Cenotes Normales : Chac Mool, Kukulkan, Dos Ojos, Chikin Ha, El Eden/Ponderosa, Tajma Ha, Casa Cenote, Dream Gate…and others on request.
Cenotes Specials : El Pit, Angelita, Car Wash, Zapote, Maravilla, Gran Cenote, Tak Be Ha, …