The Expedition package, offers you the best of the Riviera Maya by making you discover its secrets… 6 dives on the reefs of Playa del Carmen where you will have the opportunity to meet the sea turtles that feed in the underwater grass beds, the incredible corals, and thousands of fish but also to visit the wreck of Mama Viña, …
You will also have the possibility to spend a day on the sites of the island Cozumel and to fly on the vertiginous falls which plunge in a deep blue…
In order to soak up the sun, we also propose 2 days (4 dives) in the Cenotes and their mystical atmosphere… Fossils, curtains of light and speleotherms will be on the program for one of the most varied packages in our range.
The 6-day “Expedition” package includes 12 dives in total:
- 6 dives / 2-3 days on the reefs of Playa del Carmen from North to South
- 2 Dives / 1 day in the Marine Park of Cozumel (ferry not included)
- 4 dives / 2 days in “Normal” Cenotes
The different dive sites:
- When you dive the reefs of Playa del Carmen you will enjoy often warm and crystal clear water, this is the ideal place to get back in the water if you plan to dive regularly in the area; the dives are generally shallow with very little current. If you are a more experienced diver, we can offer you dives south of Playa del Carmen that are deeper or the Mama Vina wreck. Half day excursion: Morning or Afternoon
- Cozumel is a marine park created more than 20 years ago, you will discover magnificent underwater landscapes, splendid drop offs, more than 30 species of corals and not less than 300 species of fish, with a bit of luck you will be able to see nurse sharks, turtles, eagle rays and the famous splendid toad fish (endemic fish of Cozumel). Day trip from Playa del Carmen by ferry, or a morning by speed boat
- The cenotes were created more than 65 million years ago when the sea gradually withdrew. Today, you can discover one of the largest cave systems in the world. This is a unique experience with incredible underwater architecture carved over centuries, so don’t miss the opportunity. Half day tour, departure 8am from our center
Some practical information :
- The equipment is not included in the packages – Count 15$/Day
- Meet us on the 1st day at 8am in our dive center Dune Playa Del Carmen.
- You must be at least certified as an Open Water Diver or equivalent (e.g. French Level 1)
- A PADI guide or instructor will be with you for each dive to help you discover the secrets of the Caribbean through these experienced eyes.
- In Cenote, groups are limited to a maximum of 4 people per guide.
- For the cenotes: meal, entrance fees and transportation are included
- For the sea dives, water and fruit on the boat are included as well as the entrance fee to the Cozumel Marine Park
- The ferry is not included in the packages – Count 35USD aprox. round trip
Upgrade your package:
- If you want to discover the “Special Cenotes” accessible to the Level 2 or Advanced Open Water count an additional 30$.
Cenotes Normales : Chac Mool, Kukulkan, Dos Ojos, Chikin Ha, El Eden/Ponderosa, Tajma Ha, Casa Cenote, Dream Gate…and others on request.
Cenotes Specials: The Pit, Angelita, Car Wash, Zapote, Maravilla, Gran Cenote, Tak Be Ha …