Diving in a current can give the impression of flying underwater, of sliding. Knowing how to mobilize and conserve yourself in water with current, and make the most of it, can be learned. In the PADI Drift Diver course, an experienced instructor will give you tips on drift diving and you’ll practice buoyancy control, navigation, use of surface signal equipment and communication with your buddy.
Playa del Carmen is a perfect playground to learn drift diving. Its moderate to strong current to the south of Playa del Carmen will be a perfect training ground to gain the necessary experience to feel comfortable… it’s an art to get stuck in the course and watch the movie past the yexu without making much effort.
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or have a recognized qualification from another training organization)
- Be at least 10 years old
- Complete our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the medical questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician before participating in the dive.
What you learn :
- How to set up your diving equipment to be perfectly balanced in the water
- Be confident in diving into the current
- Learn about water currents – causes and effects
- Minimize your impact on the environment by working on your buoyancy in the current
- Use surface signalling equipment
- Stay close to your buddy
- Launching and descending in the current
Schedule and program :
- Count on one day with theory in the morning
- As well as 2 dives in the sea on the reef of Playa del Carmen in the morning or afternoon.
- Meet at 8:30 am at the dive center until 4:30 pm.
Materials and Scuba gear :
Study material :
PADI Drift Diver E-learning included, to learn at your own pace, at home.
Diving Equipment :
All the equipment you will need is included in your course. You’ll use all the basic dive gear, including a mask, snorkel and fins, a buoyancy control device (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a regulator for breathing, a weight system, a wetsuit and instruments to monitor depth and air consumption.
What is included ?
- PADI certified and multilingual instructor
- Rental of diving equipment
- Knowledge development + E-learning
- 2 dives in Playa del Carmen
- Bottled water and fruits on bord
- PADI certification fees.
Whats is not included ?
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Contact us for the price.
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center.
Questions about the price ?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms and Conditions before you book.