Diving in a current can give the impression of flying underwater, of sliding. Knowing how to mobilize and conserve yourself in water with current, and make the most of it, can be learned. In the PADI Drift Diver course, an experienced instructor will give you tips on drift diving and you’ll practice buoyancy control, navigation, use of surface signal equipment and communication with your buddy
Cozumel is a perfect playground to learn drift diving. Its moderate to strong current to the south of Cozumel will be a perfect training ground to gain the necessary experience to feel comfortable… it’s an art to get stuck in the course and watch the movie without making much effort.
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be 10 years old for Junior Adventure Diver, 12 years old for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver, and 15 years old for adventure diver or Advanced open water diver
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
What do you learn ?
- Minimize your impact on the environment by working on your buoyancy in the current
- How to set up your diving equipment to be perfectly balanced in the water
- Be confident in diving into the current
- Learn about water currents – causes and effects.
- Use surface signaling equipment
- Stay close to your buddy
- Launching and descending in the current
Daily tour starting at 8.45 AM
- Duration: approximate time 5/6 hours
- Departure from the dive center
- 1st Drift dive
- 2nd Drift dive
- Return around 3 PM
What to bring ?
- Certification Card
What is included
- Instruction by a professional and multilingual Drift cetified Instructor PADI
- 2 dives on two different spot
- E-learning and knowledge development
- Water, Juice, Fruits and lunch on board
- Marine Park entrance fee
- Round trip from our dive center every day
- Full scuba gear set
- PADI certification
What is not included
- Photos and Videos : Turn your diving adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer to the shop but it easy to come to the center on foot, by bike or by taxi
About the price ?
- All prices are per person
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice
- Our prices include 16% sales tax
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book