In 1961, the famous oceanographer Jacques Yves Cousteau came to Cozumel with his crew on the Calypso to film a documentary. With the first airing of that film, Cozumel has consistently been on the top of many diving lists among diver’s destinations. It is quite normal to see vast coral heads, brilliant sponges, hundreds of tropical fish, rich ecosystems and steep walls that sink into the abyss. Tunnels and caves twist through the reef, providing a rich environment for many species, including some not found anywhere else on earth.
Cozumel is world-renowned to be part of the second largest barrier reef system in the world and is considered some of the best wall diving in the world. While diving in Cozumel, the average visibility is more than 130 feet or 40 meters and vertical drop offs to deep blue abyss is what Cozumel diving is famous for. When diving in Cozumel there are over 15 world famous wall dives like Palancar, Santa Rosa, Colombia, San Francisco, Punta Sur, Maracaibo, Yucab, Cordona, and the list goes on. Large sponges and beautiful corals are what make Cozumel a definite must-see for any certified diver!
Daily tour starting at 8.45 AM
- Duration: approximate time 5-6 hours
- Departure from the dive center
- 1st Fun dive
- 2nd Fun dive
- Return around 3 PM
What to bring ?
- Certification Card
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
- Amazing visibilty
- Second largest coral reef in the world
- Diving to the wall
- Drift dives
- Splendid Toadfish , endemic fish in cozumel unique in the world
- Eagle rays Sharks and Sea turtles
What is included
- Professional and multilingual cetified guide PADI
- Water, Juice, Fruits and lunch on board
- Ten boat dive on different spot
- Marine Park entrance fee
- Round trip from our dive center to the marina
- Tank and weight
Upgrade your package:
- Twilight and Night Dive 20 USD Extra
- South special ( Devil’s throat Punta sur Colombia) 40 USD Extra (AOW + DEEP or equivalent required)
- North special ( 2 Dives on the North) 55 USD Extra (AOW or equivalent required)
What is not included
- Equipment If you prefer travel light, we rent quality diving equipment. Daily rental is 10 USD for the complete diving set (Regulator, BCD, Wetsuit, Mask and Fins) Contact us to know more about our rental equipment
- Nitrox but it’s available for 5 USD / Tank
- Photos and Videos : Turn your diving adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer to the shop but it easy to come to the center on foot, by bike or by taxi
About the price ?
- All prices are per person
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice
- Our prices include 16% sales tax
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book