Take the plunge…become a certified diver…
Short on time and long on the urge to become a certified diver? The PADI Scuba Diver certification might just be for you… Particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily in the company of a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to scuba certification, consider becoming a PADI Scuba Diver. The certification is recognized worldwide and is valid for life, to a maximum depth of 12 meters / 40 feet
Discover diving while having fun, 2 dives in the sea are enough to become a PADI certified Scuba Diver!
The Scuba Diver certification opens the door to the underwater world for anyone who’s thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult. During the course, you’ll make 3 confined water dives and two dives in the ocean on the amazing reef of Cozumel under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
Cozumel is a perfect playground to realize your training, warm waters, multitude of fish, weak current, … Realize your training in one of the most beautiful dive spots in the world… the Caribbean Sea.
- Be at least 10 years old for junior scuba diver course and at least 15 years old for scuba diver course
- Show that you can tread water for ten minutes and swim 200 m in our pool
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
What do you learn ?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three distinct sections …
Theory : The theory portion of the open water course includes book work, videos, study questions, and quizzes. The 3 dive theory modules cover a range of topics such as pressure-depth relationships, the underwater environment and equipment.
Pool Work : During pool (or “confined water”) classes, students practice basic diving skills in the pool. Divers practice all the skills that they use on open water dives like ear equalization and mask removal and replacement in this controlled environment before entering the open water.
Open Water Dives : Under the watchful eye of an instructor, you will apply the knowledge and skills learned in the theory and pool sections of the course on real open water dives.
Confined water session starting at 8.45 AM
- Duration: approximate time 4 hours
- Departure from the dive center
- Confined water, skills practice in the pool
- Return around 12.45 PM
Daily tour starting at 8.45 AM
- Duration: approximate time 5-6 hours
- Departure from the dive center
- 1st dive
- 2nd dive
- Return around 3 PM
Choose the eLearning option and study from home. You will start directly with the pool and the next day you will be a certified diver!
PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the Scuba Diver course. You can study when and wherever you want and arrive at our diving center ready to start the training.
PADI’s Scuba Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
What to bring ?
What is included
- Instruction by a professional and multilingual cetified Instructor PADI
- E-learning and knowledge development
- Water, Juice, Fruits and lunch on board
- Marine Park entrance fee
- Round trip from our dive center every day
- Confined water skills practice
- Full scuba gear set
- PADI certification
What is not included
- Photos and Videos : Turn your diving adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer to the shop but it easy to come to the center on foot, by bike or by taxi
About the price ?
- All prices are per person
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice
- Our prices include 16% sales tax
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book