Discover the reef of Cozumel
Considered one of the best dive sites in Cozumel, Punta Sur is characterized by an impressive deep wall on the southern end of the island, reaching down to 165ft/ 50m. Remarkable swim-troughs will take you down to the Devil’s Throat, a narrow tunnel lined with red sponges, located inside this area’s largest coral mound. Once you enter a large cave that leads to a smaller cavern, the narrow opening of the “throat” becomes visible. The swim through lasts a few seconds only, but creates unforgettable memories!
Once outside, numerous other exciting tunnels take you through a labyrinth of corals until you ascend over a sandy slope up to 30ft/ 10m depth, accompanied by stingrays, turtles, nurse sharks and eagle rays.
Due to narrow penetrations and depth, this dive is recommended for very advanced divers only, since it can be dangerous if lacking excellent buoyancy and air consumption.
Daily tour starting at 8.45 AM
- Duration: approximate time 5-6 hours
- Departure from the dive center
- 1st Fun dive On Punta Sur dive site ( Devil’s throat or cathedral)
- 2nd Fun dive
- Return around 3 PM
What to bring ?
- Certification Card
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
- Amazing visibilty
- Diving to the wall
- Spectacular chamber called the cathedral
- Infamous Devil’s throat
- Eagle rays Sharks and Sea turtles
Required level :
- AOW + Deep certification or equivalent
- Highly recommended Nitrox certification
What is included :
- Professional and multilingual cetified guide PADI
- Water, Juice, Fruits and lunch on board
- Two boat dive on Two different spot
- Marine Park entrance fee
- Round trip from our dive center to the marina
- Tank and weight
What is not included :
- Equipment If you prefer travel light, we rent quality diving equipment. Daily rental is 20 USD for the complete diving set (Regulator, BCD, Wetsuit, Mask and Fins) Contact us to know more about our rental equipment
- Nitrox but it’s available for 5 USD / Tank
- Photos and Videos : Turn your diving adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer to the shop but it easy to come to the center on foot, by bike or by taxi