The Yucatán Peninsula is famous for its unique underground caves.
If you have already had the opportunity to dive in the heart of the submerged caves of Chac Mol or Dos Ojos, and you want to push your limits a little more and access more technical sites, we have a whole range of “special” Cenotes that will enchant you…
Come and fly on the sulphur clouds of the Pit, Angelita or Maravilla lost in the depths of the forest… These vertiginous shafts will transport you to a parallel world, where the lines of light will guide you from the surface to the infra-world, hidden under wisps of sulfuric acid
Or come and see the pure white rock and the beautiful speleothems that follow the chaotic profile of Tak Bi Ha. As you enter the basement of Tak Be Lum, you will discover its sediment dunes and walls that seem to be covered with a scale-like armor.
All this would be without counting with the incredible and unique cenote Zapote (Hell’s Bells) which is in itself a true phenomenon… Indeed in its depths, it shelters one of the rarest living organisms… Colonies of bacteria which live in a relatively acidic water… It is about one of the unique formations of living speleotherm in the whole world…
In order to discover all these hidden treasures, you must be at least an Advanced Open Water Diver or N2 and have had recent experience in cave diving and the cave environment.
Program and Schedule :
- Departure from the dive center
- Daily departure at 8am each morning.
- You will leave for 2 dives in 2 different cenotes.
- Return scheduled for 2pm
List of Cenotes Spéciales :
Below is a list of special cenotes, most of which are only accessible to Level 2 / Advanced Open Water. There are a multitude of cenotes to choose from: for more information and with the advice of our experienced cenote guides we can help you choose which one(s) to explore. Don’t hesitate to contact us.
- The Pit
- Car Wash
- Gran Cenote
- Kin Ha
- Siete bocas
- Tak Be Ha
- Tak Be Luum
What should I bring?
- Certification card – minimum Level 2 or Advanced or equivalent
- Fill out our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in the recreational diver training. If any of the items in the medical questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician before participating in the dive.
- Infinite Visibility
- Dive into the fresh water
- Geological formations
- Unique experience
- Play of light
What is included ?
- Two dives in two different cenotes
- Scuba tanks and weights
- Rental of dive lights
- Round trip transportation from our dive center to the cenotes
- Entrance fee to the cenotes
- Certified multilingual scuba diving instructor – Full Cave Diver
- Bottled water
- Snack sandwich and fruit on the way
What is not included?
- Equipment : If you prefer to travel light, we rent quality diving equipment. The daily rental fee is $20 US for the complete dive package (BCD, regulator, wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel).
- Photos and videos : Keep a beautiful souvenir of this diving adventure with one of our photographers. Please book this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: For those staying in nearby hotels, Dune Mexico Playa del Carmen offers a shuttle service to and from the dive club. Please book your hotel transfer in advance. Please contact us.
Questions about the price?
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or at the time of your vacation. That’s why we are 100% honest with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms and Conditions before booking.