Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver because different boats in different parts of the world do things differently.
The Fun Part
Diving from a boat is fun, especially when you look at ease when maneuvering around on it. It’s fun to know what you’re doing.
To enroll, you need to:
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be at least 10 years old
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
The course consists of a knowledge development session and 2 open water dives over 1 day. You will learn:
- Dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant live-aboards :
- how they differ from place to place
- gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
- Safely enter and exit the water :
- sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat
- sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
- Locate basic boat safety equipment
PADI’s Boat Diver Manual
- Basic scuba gear
For comfort and hygiene reasons, many people prefer to use their own equipment. If you would like the peace-of-mind and comfort of your own gear, we can help. You may want to invest in your own mask, snorkel and fins since these personal items are a lot more fun to use when they fit properly. Also for $7 usd additional, you can get a brand new mouthpiece for the regulators you’ll use during the course, and you take it back home. Something you might want to think about…
We have the right Pricing for you!
The following items can be purchased directly at our Dive Center:
NB: Manuals are compulsory for all PADI Courses
You might also enjoy…
- Diving equipment rental.
- Instructions by a PADI instructor.
- Knowledge development.
- Two boat dives in Playa del Carmen.
- PADI certification card fee.
- Bottled water on the boat.
- PADI Boat Diver Manual
- Photos and Videos: Turn your dive adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer from your hotel: for guests staying in the nearby Riviera Maya Resorts, Mexico Blue Dream provides you with a shuttle service to and from the dive club for a small charge. Please reserve your hotel transfer in advance. Click here for our Shuttle Service Price List
- Lunch: you will find a variety of restaurants and fast foods around the dive center
- All prices are per person.
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- Our prices include 16% sales tax.
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% open with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book.