Be a better diver
Exploration, excitement, experience. The PADI Advanced Open Water course helps you to increase your confidence and build your scuba skills to become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose 5 specialties from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at wreck diving, drift diving, night dive, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
2 specialties out of 5 are mandatory: navigation and deep diving. In order to be able to explore further the wonders that the marine world offers us, thanks to the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver you will be allowed to dive autonomously (with a buddy of equivalent or higher level) in the safety curve up to 30 meters deep.
All this … in 5 of the most beautiful dive sites in Cozumel
Following this comprehensive course you will be able to dive to a depth of 30 m anywhere in the world.
ALL 5 AOW Program dives are “adventure dives” and all can be used as the first dive of their associated specialty.
- Be a PADI (Jr.) Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be 10 years old for Junior Adventure Diver, 12 years old for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver, and 15 years old for adventure diver or Advanced open water diver
- Fill up our PADI Medical Questionnaire. This form is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. If any of the items in the Medical Questionnaire apply to you, you must consult a physician prior to participating in scuba diving.
What do you learn ?
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspect of deep diving
- Physiological aspect of deeper scuba diving
- How to better use your computer Recreational dive table
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick cycles, visual landmarks and time
The rest is up to you to choose among all the PADI specialties available in our center. (Obviously we do not offer ice diving…) Here is a small but not exhaustive list of the adventure dives we offer :
(These different adventure dives can be decided with the advice of your instructor)
- Wreck diver
- Drift Diver
- Night Diver
- Peak performance buoyancy
- Fish Identification
- Underwater naturalist
- Search and recovery diver
3 dives from the shore starting at 1 P.M
- Duration: approximate time 7 hours
- Departure from the dive center
- Adventure dive 1
- Underwater navigation adventure dive
- Night adventure dive
Daily tour starting at 8.45 AM
- Duration: approximate time 5-6 hours
- Departure from the dive center
- Deep adventure dive
- Adventure dive 5
- Return around 3 PM
PADI’s Adventures in Diving e-learning provides information on more than 16 types of specialty diving. You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
What should I bring ?
- A hoodie to wear after night diving
What is included
- Instruction by a professional and multilingual cetified Instructor PADI
- 3 Shore dive and 2 boat dive
- E-learning and knowledge development
- Water, Juice, Fruits and lunch on board
- Marine Park entrance fee
- Round trip from our dive center every day
- Full scuba gear set + Lamp + Computer
- PADI certification
What is not included
- Photos and Videos : Turn your diving adventure into a photo shoot. Please reserve this service in advance.
- Transfer to the shop but it easy to come to the center on foot, by bike or by taxi
About the price ?
- All prices are per person
- All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice
- Our prices include 16% sales tax
- We know that things can happen before or when on vacations. We are 100% honest and transparent with our refund and cancellation policy. Please read our Terms & Conditions before you book