Why become a PADI Assistant Instructor?
Its also a great option for those divers limited on time, who cannot attend a complete Instructor Development Course but would like to be able to teach and receive certification credit for the parts they attended. Also if your dream job and budget are not co-operating the Assistant Instructor will get you started on the right path!
To qualify for training as a PADI Assistant Instructor, you must:
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Want a fun and exciting career!
You build upon your abilities to organize and supervise scuba diving activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of these sections:
- Module 1: Academic Training
- PADI Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Programs
- Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
- Teaching Project AWARE and Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialties
- Teaching in Confined Water
- Conducting Open Water Training Presentations
- Module 2: Independent Study
- Knowledge Development
- Module 3: Practical Application
- Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
- Standards Exam
- Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
What´s included in your Assistant Instructor course package:
- 5-day Assistant Instructor Development Program
- Multilingual materials and translation available
- Rescue techniques workshop
- Additional study and support materials prior to starting the course to aid preparation
- Free equipment rental during IDC training
- Instructor T-Shirt
The PADI Instructor Development Course crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for the Instructor Development Course. The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (Open Water and Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster)
- Instructor Development Course Candidate Workbook and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Specialty Instructor Manual
We have the right Pricing for you!
Inclusions and Exclusions:
All prices for our professional formations exclude housing, food and transportation.
All prices for our professional formations do not include the additional recreational dives you will need to reach the 96-dive requirement to start your Instructor Development Course (IDC).
The purchase of PADI learning material and manuals does not include the purchase of the electronic Recreational Dive Planner (eRDP).
PADI fees are not included in our packages and the following fees have to be paid directly to PADI (not to Mexico Blue Dream) with credit card at time of the application:
- PADI Assistant Instructor Fee of $86
- PADI Instructor Development Course Fee of $156
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation specialty course
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua Missions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
If you are an Assistant Instructor from another training organization and you wish to enroll in the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course you will need to certify as PADI AI before hand.
If you are an Open Water Scuba Instructor with another training organization and you wish to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you are not required to certify as PADI Assistant Instructor. You can immediately enroll in the Instructor portion of the course. We do, however, offer the PADI Assistant Instructor Course for no extra charge to ensure your best possible success at the PADI Instructor Examination.