Why train to be a Divemaster?
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – ask us.
During your PADI Divemaster course at GoPro Mexico Blue Dream, your training will be supervised and mentored by a PADI Course Director and you will benefit from the wealth of dive activities that only this busy professionally-run and family-owned training facility can offer you. At GoPro Mexico Blue Dream we offer the option of 2-week and 4-week Divemaster courses.
- 2 Week Training: This option is perfect for those with limited time or who already are experienced divers and have logged more than 40 dives. Included in your training will be Practical Assessments, Water Skills Evaluation, Workshops such as Discover Scuba Diving and Skill Demonstration and Practical Applications such as Deep Diving and Search and Recovery.
- 4 Week Internship: with the four-week option, you’ll get more chance to practice what you learned on the course and more chance to enjoy some of the great diving here in Playa del Carmen. It will allow you to assist on real PADI training dives such as Open Water, Advanced or Rescue courses. You will also conduct supervising certified divers under the supervision of our PADI Instructors. It’s also a really cost-effective way to log more dives . It also helps to reach the 96-dives needed to start the PADI Instructor course (IDC).
PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the Divemaster course. While eLearning is the most convenient option, you may also choose to purchase the Divemaster Crew Pak at the dive shop. The Crew-Pak includes the Divemaster Manual, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Instructor Manual and Divemaster slates, Scuba Tune Up book, PADI Professional Log, DSD Cue cards and a PADI Pro Laptop bag. NEW ! We include the eRDPML (Electronic Recreational Dive Planner).
If you decided to follow the e-learning option you will not require the Divemaster Manual, however, you will need to purchase the other materials mentioned above in the CrewPak.
At Mexico Blue Dream, all the basic scuba equipment that you need is included in your course. We can provide you with BCD, regulator, wetsuit, mask, snorkel and fins if required. However it is much better to have your own set.
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife or cutting device, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates.
If you would like the peace-of-mind and comfort of your own gear, we can help. You may want to invest in your own mask, snorkel and fins since these personal items are a lot more fun to use when they fit properly. The additional equipment items that are required of a Divemaster in training can all be purchased at the dive shop. We offer great discounts on dive equipment for anybody taking their Divemaster course here at Mexico Blue Dream.
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
We also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
We have the right Pricing for you!
Inclusions and Exclusions:
All prices for our professional formations exclude housing, food and transportation.
The price of our Professional PADI Divemaster course includes scuba rental gear.
All prices for our professional formations do not include the additional recreational dives you will need to reach the 40-dive requirement to begin your Divemaster.
The purchase of PADI learning material and manuals includes the electronic Recreational Dive Planner (eRDP).
PADI fees are not included in our packages and the following fees have to be paid directly to PADI (not to Mexico Blue Dream) with credit card at time of the application:
- PADI Divemaster fee of $110
You might also enjoy…